It's finally here, I get to see my Laura and one of my best friends get married and tons of other fun things. Mixed in with that will hopefully be some board studying.
This is the end of another block week I was so excited about getting to see everyone that I kept startling myself out of falling asleep last night. So I read one of the professor's learning objectives a bunch. We had a lecturer on sleep psychology tell us not to reward our body when it doesn't fall asleep. I figured some virology would be punishment enough for it.
Elliott asked me last night when I would finally be done with blocks. I glanced up from my frenzied arrow drawing and said "one more" he burst into a look of utter glee. Poor thing, I don't think he really understands about Step 1 yet.
In Alice news.... she is currently trying to get me to let her not take a nap, I'm not that stupid though since it's almost 5:15 maybe I am. I feel like I've hardly seen her over the last month, she spent 2 weekends at my mom's, one weekend with Elliott's family, and had tons of sleepovers with Ms. Heather and Kay-Kay. When I walked in the door after my exams I could hear her sweet voice calling mommy, mommmy!!!!! She usually just calls me mama, she is growing up so fast! I can understand most of what she says now. She insisted on reading my Robbins book a bit ago. She lugged it over to our bed and put it on her lap. She opened it and kept saying read! Read!! Wowwww!! Then turning the pages some more. She then slapped me in the eye, (I of course pretend to burst into tears so she knows how much it hurts). Alice looks at me for a few seconds to see if I'm just joking. When she realizes I'm not the concern kicks in, she leans down to tenderly kiss my eye, and say "huwrt? Owie?" I give her a hug and make up with her. She is still concerned so she sits up next to me, and very gently strokes my hair.
Next I attempt to get her to sleep again This time I try to old swaddle tactic, I tried singing her a lullaby and she sang right along. Eventually I admit defeat and take her outside on her trike. She grabs her baby and we are off around the circle. We see some other little kids but for a change Alice is content to let me push her instead of running away to play. About 1/2 way home we run into the neighbor girl who loves Alice to pieces and was delighted to get to push the trike!
We make it home and I tell her she has to go take a nap now! She gives me her wicked giggle and runs to Dada, who just happens to be napping on the couch.- Lucky, I wish I could take naps!
Well she still hasn't fallen asleep, so she is probably going to figure out how to get out of her crib any second now! Sorry for the ridiculous runons and grammar, my brain is tired!

No comments:
Post a Comment