My dear baby Alice,
I am currently trapped by you in my office/your bedroom, you are sound asleep, but fiercely object to being unlatched. I love the way you breathe, how when you are really hungry you breathe really fast, and growl until you get what you want. I love the way you smell. I love the total peace I feel as I stare into your beautiful eyes. I love how you make everyone around you grin. I love your gummy baby smile. I love how you are just learning to walk. I love to watch you waddle as you fall into your Daddy's arms. I love watching you beat up on the dog. I love how you will let me hand you to pretty much anyone, and you instantly will win them over, heart, mind, and soul. I love how if I really do not get along with someone how you will cry every time you look their way. I love how adorable your diaper bum is. I love how this morning your Daddy and I watched you petting the kitty cat, albeit you did try to eat her hair immediately afterwards, but you aren't hurting her very often. I love listening to your heart beat through my stethoscope, it sounds like a hummingbird's wings, I know it's going to slow down as you get bigger. I love practicing being a doctor on you, and how you fiercely object to anyone looking in your ears. I love you chubby, fat baby feet and how your toes can't fit in some of the shoes we got you for this summer. I love how your hair looks like a different color in every light, blonde, red, dark brown. I love how much I love you. I love your fierce little hugs, and how you will turn to me and hold on tighter if you feel scared. Even though it makes me sad, I love when you cry when I leave, and cry when I get home until I pick you up. I love that you miss me. I love cuddling up with you every night, nothing can be more precious than waking up to your smiling face each morning, or touching my hand to your chest in the middle of the night to make sure you haven't died of SIDS. (I do this often, as I'm sure you are aware). I love watching you play with Burbur, and how you call her BaBa. I find it hilarious how she is terrified of your walking toy. I love how you will get all mad if you think Daddy or I has some food that you want. I love how you play with my ID every chance you get, who would have thought pulling on it would give you so much pleasure each day. I love the glee you feel when you steal my water bottle and shake it over the entire bed. I love how proud you are of yourself on the potty. I love how lately you have been stealing all of the baby wipes and trying to eat them. I love how you somehow figured out how to climb onto the changing table one morning. I love you, my sweet, precious little one.

No comments:
Post a Comment