GroVia

Monday, February 14, 2011

Finished with Block Week

I am officially finished with my first round of block exams, we started the day at 8 am and ended around 4, I took Alice and Elliott with me and stuck them in one of the PBL rooms.  These are small rooms in the back of each unit lab, which is kind of like a homeroom, except we have assigned desks that you can lock.  I keep tons of snacks in mine, and about half of my lunch, so I just have to pack a sandwich or other main course for lunch each day, or if I forget lunch I have enough snacks to hold me over if the day isn't too long.  Elliott loved studying in the pbl it was a nice small room and Alice couldn't get into much, she loves staring out the window in one, and she continually tried to open the locks on the lockers with the microscopes in them.  She couldn't move them though, but she had a good time.  That floor needs deep cleaned though she was completely filthy afterwards, maybe it just needs replaced, I don't know.

I loved the weekend after blocks though, I got to hang out with friends and family, and do my ER preceptorship where I decided I don't think emergency medicine is for me, too many crazy people, and people abusing the healthcare system.  I think Alice really enjoyed me being around to just play with all weekend too, she rewarded Elliott and me by sleeping a ton last night, she is such a sweetie pie.  This week is ICM week, in which the week is totally devoted to our Introduction to Clinical Medicine, they keep on talking about statistics, I really hate statistics and all of the numbers, but I suppose it is important to understand when reading scientific papers, and it is apparently on our boards.  I'm sure if these lectures had been during the normal school week I would have paid even less attention.  Since we have ICM week though, our lectures will be less spread out for this next block exam, hopefully it won't be too terrible, since we will have spring break also during it.  We are also on our last section of Neuroanatomey, finally!  I have hated neuro, and I cannot wait for it to be completed.

I still haven't graded mine, because I always give myself a heart attack each time I start grading something, so I'm currently going to tell myself I failed everything, and just be happy if I find out something different, if I expect the worse, I can hopefully only be pleased.

Here is one of Alice's newborn pics, It's hard to believe that we didn't have her a year ago.  My teeny tiny baby is over 10 mos old now!


Her First Little Pigtails

No comments:

Post a Comment